Terms & Conditions
Drive Zone Driver Education Terms and Conditions
Course Description (Full Course)
- The Drive Zone curriculum is a well-organized course designed to meet the BMV requirements for a full driver education course. The course shall provide at a minimum the following
- A minimum of 30 hours of classroom materials
- A minimum of six (6) one hour lessons of behind the wheel instruction
- The classroom portion of Driver Education shall be a minimum of 30 hours, and include at a minimum the following
- Knowledge of Indiana motor vehicle statutes and administrative rules related to the operation of a motor vehicle
- Railroad-highway grade crossing safety
- Safe driving practices, including how to avoid drivers who display aggressive and unsafe behavior
- Driving techniques for different types of roads and road surfaces and for safe driving near pedestrians, trains, and other vehicles, including, but not limited to carts, truck, bicycles, and motor driven cycles
- Driver Responsibility, including, but not limited to, automobile maintenance, insurance, use of safety belts and child restraints, passenger safety, and implied consent laws
- Defensive driving practices and techniques
- Accident reporting
- Mental attitudes and physical characteristics as related to the operation of a motor vehicle
- How driver use of alcohol, drugs, inhalants, or other substances affects driving ability
- Distracted driving, including the consequences of using cell phones and other hand held devices while driving
- Maintenance of a motor vehicle
- Handling of driver emergencies
- Driving skills, including, but not limited to, lane changing, lane positioning, signaling, merging, signage, highway marking, highway design features as they relate to safe driving, backing and parallel parking
- Procedure for participation in the Organ Donation Program
- Behind the wheel drive lessons will include instruction on and demonstration of the following
- Lane Changing
- Lane positioning
- Parallel Parking
- School Zones
- Speed Zones
- General driving behavior
- Dual lanes and multi-lanes
- Railroad-highway grade crossing safety
- Managing space around the vehicle by adjusting speed and position to avoid conflicts and reduce risk
- Sharing the road with other vehicles with special emphasis on motorcycles, bicycles and large trucks
- Distracted driving
- Students who elect to complete less than the six one hour lessons required for course credit with the BMV are not guaranteed the curriculum outlined under the Course Description section.
- Partial courses will not qualify students for a Road Skills test Waiver, unless they complete a full six (6) hour behind the wheel course, and have completed a BMV approved classroom elsewhere.
- Students who select a drives only package can expect all lessons outlined in section 3 of the Course Description
- Under certain circumstances, Drive Zone will make available payment arrangements for students enrolling in a full course program, including both classroom and behind the wheel.
- Payment arrangements will be direct debited from the originating card automatically unless other arrangements are made more than 72 hours prior to the payment due date.
- Due dates are every thirty (30) days from initial enrollment, unless other arrangements are made.
- Payments will show paid to Drive Zone, LLC on credit card statements
- Declined payments will result in the cancellation and possible forfeiture of remaining drive lessons
- If a payment is declined, full payment of any remaining balance will be due before resuming course
- Any installment fees due will be included in installment amounts
- Drive lesson hours will not be scheduled prior to payment arrangement has been completed.
- Payment arrangements made through third party such as ZIP are subject to the terms and conditions of said third party.
Fees and Notices
- Drive Zone reserves the right to cancel or reschedule drive lessons or classes at its sole discretion
- A $50 fee will be applied to for a cancellation within 24 hours of a scheduled drive time
- A $50 fee will be applied for “no show” for a scheduled drive time.
- Failure to complete an online class with 90 days from the time of enrollment will result in the student failing the class, and re-enrolling in the online portion at the current cost of the online course.
- Students re-enrolling in the online portion will not be able to continue progress, and will re-start the course from the beginning.
- All fees paid will be forfeited 180 days from enrollment date regardless of course completion status.
BMV Waiver Test Program
- Drive Zone is a licensed provider of the BMV Waiver Test.
- A Waiver Test may be provided at student request provided the student has successfully completed both the classroom portion, as well as the behind the wheel portion of Driver Education
- Drive Zone may not administer a waiver test for a student that completed all coursework and drive lessons with another school
- A “B” average is required for each section of the course before a Waiver Test can be offered
- Waiver Test is an optional service outside of the program, and is not included in any package pricing. A $40 fee will be due at the time of the Waiver Test
- Drive Zone reserves the right to refuse a waiver test for any student at any time.
- As a thank you for thoroughly reading these Terms and Conditions, please use coupon code TERMS at checkout to instantly save $5 on any purchase. We appreciate your attention to detail.
- Course Fees are not refundable at any time or for any reason.
Terms and Conditions Revision History:
07/01/2022 – Fees and notices language updated to reflect changes in Indiana State Law:
- Courses now expire completely after 180 days from enrollment
07/01/2022 – BMV Waiver Test language updated to reflect changes in Indiana State Law
- Course averages must now be a “B” average to complete a waiver test
01/27/2021 – All sections rewritten to improve clarity and transparency